MindMap’s medical coding training courses will teach you the fundamentals of medical coding, prepare you for certification, and help you establish yourself in the industry. Our certification programs include many coding subspecialties, all of which are rated top 1 among medical coding schools. Besides a competitive salary that towers over the investment to become a coding specialist, the profession ranks high for employment and career advancement opportunities, as well as work-life balance and the potential to work from home. We offer a full spectrum of training courses, all of which boast confirmed placement offer and have also helped existing corporate employees perform better at their jobs.
Program Collaboration Positioning
- Cobranded Collaterals-MindMap program co-created with Client
- Unique Collaboration between Academia and Industry specifically focused on Medical Coding – First of its kind in India
- Start a career with our Client on certification
- Cobranded Certificate issued
- MindMap Screened Candidates interviewed by the Client.
- HR, Aptitude, and Operations Assessments upfront by the Client.
- Approved Candidates issued LOI & placed into the technical training.
- No Fees are charged to Candidates for the training.
Exclusive First Right to hire by the client from a certified pool
- Letter of Intent to hire by the client for candidates selected for training
- Job placements/Internships in client’s organization for candidates successfully clearing the final assessments
Mentoring by Client SMEs
- Course framework designed in collaboration with senior Client Medical Coding Practitioners
- Mentoring and expert talks by Client Certified CPCs (2 interventions over the program)
Medical Coding and Training design
Baseline Assessment for all candidates to evaluate on pre-requisites
- Prerequisites waived if 85% +
Pre-requisites (Refresher 40 hours)
- US Healthcare & Revenue Cycle Management (5 hours)
Anatomy & Physiology (25 hours)
Medical Terminology (10 Hours)
- 60 hours of Coding Boot camp
ICD and CPT Coding (35 hours)
Speciality category deep-dive (25 hours)
- 250 hours intensive Medical Coding program (6 weeks structure)
- Technical Program Coverage (200 hours)
- US Healthcare & Revenue cycle Management (20 hours)
- Anatomy & Physiology (40 hours)
- Medical Terminology (40 Hours)
- ICD & CPT coding (65 hours)
- Specialty Deep dive (35 hours)
- Communications & Campus to Corporate (50 hours)
- Best-in-class Training methodology: Instructor-led classroom training usually for around 8 – 12 weeks supported by online learning .
- Comprehensive Program Coverage Carefully curated course curriculum depending on client requirements.
- Additional Practice scenarios: After every module, a practice scenario is included so the candidates know the usage of theoretical information.
- Unique Assessment methodology: Along with pre-assessment of the candidates based on MCQ-based questions, we monitor participation, growth and learning throughout and at the end of the course.
- Medical scribe certification: A combined certificate from our client and MindMap to be provided on successful completion of the training
- Placement guidance: Top-to-end placement guidance and mentoring provided to trainees
For good reason, the CPC Preparation Course provides education in physician-based coding, which is used in the majority of healthcare environments. Students of the CPC Preparation Course will learn the proper use of CPT®, HCPCS Level II, and ICD-10-CM codes as they apply to these healthcare settings. Additionally, CPC training lays the foundation for advanced types of medical coding.
MindMap’s COC Preparation Course teaches the correct application of CPT®, HCPCS Level II, and ICD-10-CM codes used for coding outpatient facility services to insurance companies. This comes in handy for candidates in their medical coding careers in an ambulatory surgical centre or hospital outpatient billing and coding department.
CIC training is critical to a career as an inpatient medical coder working in a hospital setting. Reporting inpatient tests, diagnoses, and procedures requires knowledge of two code classification systems not used in other healthcare settings—the ICD-10-PCS code set and Medicare-Severity Diagnostic-Related Groups (MS DRG). Students will acquire mastery of both in AAPC’s CIC Preparation Course.
Medical coders can take their skills to the next level with risk adjustment coding proficiency, which plays a high-impact role in provider reimbursement. In this course, candidates learn the Hierarchical Condition Category (HCC) risk adjustment model used by Medicare and several commercial payers, as well as the Health and Human Services (HHS) HCC model, and the Medicaid Chronic Illness and Disability Payment System (CDPS) risk adjustment model.
Accurate ICD-10-CM coding justifies services performed by physicians as medically necessary — which makes ICD-10-CM coding critical to the revenue cycle of healthcare organisations. Medical coders with sharp diagnosis coding skills are invaluable to physicians and providers across all medical specialities. Professional coders who take the Advanced ICD-10-CM Code Set Training will learn how to code to the highest level of specificity and ensure their ICD-10 reporting skills are impeccable.
MindMap’s advanced training for medical coders and billers provides the most up-to-date information related to billing and denials from insurance carriers. Candidates will learn how to identify types of denials and the steps to resolve them — as well as key aspects of the revenue cycle, from proper claims completion of the CMS-1500 to the resolution of claims.
Under this training module, we cover the principles of dental coding and medical cross-coding and billing for dental services. Candidates will receive an introduction to CDT, including practical scenarios presented in ADA’s CDT 2020 Coding Companion.
Gaining a solid understanding of coding guidelines and conventions, they will learn how to assign codes for dental services using CDT, CPT, ICD-10-CM, and HCPCS Level II codes. They will also learn revenue cycle processes unique to dentistry, as well as basic dental and oral cavity anatomy and dental terminology.
Ensuring the integrity of patients’ medical records means accurately capturing patient data. In this course, students learn how to navigate electronic health record systems, how to maintain security, and how to avoid errors with EHR/EMR best practices and checks and balances systems.
Most medical coders routinely report E/M services, and yet E/M coding continues to challenge veteran coders. This online training course simplifies the complexities, breaking down E/M coding principles, 1995 and 1997 guidelines, levelling decisions, and more.
Home health care is a highly regulated and monitored industry, and medical coders who can navigate the Patient-Driven Groupings Model (PDGM), clinical episode management, OASIS, medical review, and the IMPACT Act are worth their weight in gold. If you’re eager to work for a home health agency, AAPC’s Home Health Coding Course is your ticket.
MindMap’s Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Coding course relies heavily on case studies to give students proficiency in coding rehabilitation and physical medicine services. Medical coders considering working at a PMR centre will seamlessly transition to the field with this in-depth, speciality-specific training.