RPA Acceleration Factory
The RPA Acceleration Factory (RAF) is the key to bringing in value to all the digital transformation initiatives. The core function of the center is to work with the business teams and collaborate with them to bring in value.
This Factory serves as an RPA Bot factory that works continuously to create Pilots and extract business value out of it. The RAF’s charter is to enable enterprises with Discovery based innovation as opposed to Business Case Driven innovation. The Pilot projects are assessed using a proprietary framework which identifies all the quick wins and brings out all the projects that should be undertaken for a quick ROI. The framework primarily runs on 3 pillars
- Pilot Factory
- Production Factory
- Support and Value Engineering Factory
The Pilot Factory employs a Zero-Cost and Agile approach to Discovering RPA Use-cases and initiate quick pilots. The factory work with the business units to identify specific opportunities and convert them to scalable solutions that would enable further developments
- The Factory enables enterprise customers to leverage:
- Free RPA Cloud Tool Licenses for Pilots
- Your set number of hours of Consulting and Development Effort across Process Consultants, ERP Business Analysts and RPA developers based on the business need
- Access to latest technology from leading RPA vendor eco-system (Automation Anywhere, UiPath, BluePrism and more)
- A typical Pilot completion timeline is around 4 weeks, this of course, changes based on the complexity of the project.
- Pilots selected for production deployment will be turned into agile projects based on the framework which identifies the quick wins and business feasibility of any proposed Pilot.
Once the Pilot is identified, developed, and approved by the business unit, it scales up to a full cycle automation which would transform the process end-to-end. Some key features are
- Covert selected pilot use-cases into full-scale agile projects
- Typically, it would take 4 to 6 weeks to deploy a use-case / EPIC into production
- The Productionization will include Enterprise ERP integrations, End-to-End Solutioning and Deployment Setups, Configurations, Security and Testing
- All productionized RPA bots will be deployed on consumption / subscription-based models
Support and Value Engineering Factory
Continuous support is one of the key pillars of RAF which ensures that the implemented processes are run smoothly, and all the governance is taken care of. The responsibility of the successful running of any process lies with the Support team. Some key features include
- Complete managed services support for productionized bots
Consistent monitoring, analysis of Value delivered and re-factoring support
The three pillars of RAF
There are 3 key differentiators of the team which bring value from the entire RPA Acceleration Factory
- Driven by business Value
- Capability to handle entire FinOps spectrum across manufacturing and supply chain
- Partnership with Automation Anywhere
Advantage of RPA Acceleration Framework
Implementing a managed service has several benefits, all of which lead to improved productivity and ease of managing any of the various processes that need attention. Not only do we have a 24×7 support center that would handle all the incoming requirements, but we can also deploy manpower on-site to understand and reengineer services based on needs. Some of the advantages include
Team Structure of RPA Bot Factory
There will be two teams which will comprise the RPA Bot Factory, these will be responsible for both, the
- Pilot project and New Venture Ideation and Development
- Maintenance and Governance of the existing deployed processes
The RAF board will comprise of representation from Meritor, Suneratech and the RPA vendor which would give a holistic view on every single Pilot and process that is identified for automation. Along with this there will be a separate team which will be responsible
The Maintenance and Governance team will be responsible for maintaining all the deployed processes and will comprise of Developers who can troubleshoot and fix the issues that may arise
- Aid as an extended arm to all the departments and act as a central console that handles the maintenance and development of all the RPA initiatives
- Identify Pilot projects for implementation
- Create the process prioritization matrix which identifies processes that can be scaled up to production
- Ensure a continuous full cycle automation from Pilot through to Production
- Maintaining existing automated processes including all changes that must be incorporated.
- Debug any errors that may arise during the term and fix the fault / escalate it to the appropriate teams.
- Meet all the SLAs that will be set up during the finalization of services.
Team Structure and Responsibilities